More than 4.65 billion people worldwide use social media on various platforms as of April 2022. Over 58.7% of the world’s population has at least one social media account. Social media usage has steadily increased due to content producers, influencers, brands, and businesses always seeking to improve their social media strategies to attract a wider audience. Social media trends set the standards and patterns for how people and businesses interact on the platform.
Despite trends and patterns constantly shifting, there are a few standard methods that individuals use in 2022 that will still be helpful in 2023. Here are some common tips to keep in mind to maximise your social media presence:
Engagement is Essential
Social media platforms prioritize content that receives a high level of engagement (likes, comments, shares, etc.) because it indicates that the content is valuable or interesting to users. Pay attention to the posts and stories you are posting that are performing better than the rest, try to analyse your posts to find patterns about the best time and days to post your content, and do not shy away from promoting your posts by paid marketing or by cross-promotion to start your account.
Visual Content Performs Well
Pictures and videos tend to perform better on social media than text-based posts, especially on platforms like Instagram and TikTok. This is a reason behind the push for video content across social media platforms, including YouTube and Facebook. Work on videos that are under a minute and can retain users’ attention so that the videos keep getting recommended to other users. Also, make sure you use proper keywords and tags with all videos to make sure that the videos are recommended.
Set SMART Goals For Yourself
SMART is an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. These criteria are often used to help people set well-defined and achievable goals. Keeping SMART goals ensures that you do not overestimate or underestimate your target and are aware of how to achieve the target in the determined amount of time.
- Specific: A specific goal is clear and well-defined. It answers the question, “What do you want to achieve?”
- Measurable: A measurable goal includes quantifiable criteria that can be used to track progress. It answers the question, “How will you know when you have achieved your goal?”
- Attainable: An attainable goal is realistic and achievable, given your current resources and constraints. It answers the question, “Is it possible to achieve this goal?”
- Relevant: A relevant goal is aligned with your values, priorities, and overall long-term objectives. It answers the question, “Why is this goal important to you?”
- Time-bound: A time-bound goal includes a specific deadline or time frame for completion. It answers the question, “When do you want to achieve this goal?”
Hashtags are a Helpful Tool
Hashtags are a way for people to search for and discover content on social media platforms related to a particular topic or theme. By including relevant hashtags in your social media posts, you can make it easier for users interested in that topic to find your content. This helps increase the visibility and reach of your posts, which can lead to more engagement and potentially even more followers.
It’s essential to use hashtags judiciously, however, using too many hashtags in a single post can come across as spammy or inauthentic and can decrease engagement. Using a few relevant hashtags rather than many unrelated ones is generally recommended.
Interactive Content is Effective
Interactive content is a type of social media content that encourages users to engage with it in some way rather than simply consuming it passively. Examples of interactive content include polls, quizzes, surveys, Q&A sessions, and contests.
Interactive content can be a great way to increase engagement on your social media channels, giving users a reason to interact with your content and share their thoughts or opinions. It can also help you gather valuable insights or feedback from your audience.
- Make it relevant: Choose a topic or theme that is relevant to your audience and aligns with your brand or message.
- Keep it simple: Keep your interactive content straightforward and easy to understand. Content must be clear to encourage participation.
- Promote it: Promote your interactive content to your followers and encourage them to participate.
- Analyse the results: Use the data and feedback you gather from your interactive content to inform your future marketing and content strategy.
FAQs Regarding Steps to Maximise Your Social Media Presence
Q. How do I know which social media platform I should target for posting and promotion?
A. The social media platform you use depends on your target audience. People older than 30 have a more significant presence on Facebook, younger generations have a greater presence on Instagram, while the most youthful and now on TikTok and Snapchat. Depending on the demographic of your user base, you will have to change your platform of choice and, as a result, the type of content you are making.
Q. Is it okay to post the same content on different platforms?
A. No, audiences and algorithms of different platforms respond differently to different types of content. Instagram and Snapchat respond better to short videos, while YouTube and Facebook prefer videos over 10 minutes long for user retention. You can have the same idea but must make different creatives for different platforms.